Friday 6 January 2017

Cold Weather Walking

  














 













 





 Hello Lovelies,
I used to be a bit down on winter. The short days are still a trial, but increasingly I'm finding reasons to LOVE winter.
In the past I heard people say how much they liked cold, crisp days, and I would think "yes, but it's still too cold for me to be happy". Well it is too cold to stand around, or sit by the water. A stroll is not that enjoyable either. But walking briskly always warms me up and that's what I love to do these days.
Yesterday's walk was a brisk 8 mile route that took in lots of pretty lake views. All of these had a frozen crust, at least in parts. They still reflected the blue of the sky beautifully though.
I remembered to take some bird food ( seeds not bread) and the simple pleasure of feeding the hungry ducks and other birds made me happy. The Mandarin Ducks were particularly stunning.

 There's something magical about the light on a sunny winters day too don't you think.
As we walked along I stopped feeling chilly, after a few miles I did not even need my gloves. Walking is great way to keep warm and when I'm warm I can truly enjoy winters beauty.
I do hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Jacquie x

P.S. these scenes are from THIS lovely country park and the surrounding area...in case you were wondering.

19 comments:

  1. Lovely pics ~ thanks for sharing and inspiring me to walk.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pictures. I'm one that doesn't like winter because it's impossible to go outside and walk here with all the snow and ice. You have to walk inside the shopping mall. So it's warm in there and you have your coat and hat and gloves and scarves on because it's cold outside. It's a no-win situation. But I love your pictures. They're so bright and happy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the photos in this post! I am especially enamored of the photos of the colorful Mandarin Duck! Bravo on that capture! And good for you to develop of love of walking in winter. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a proper good romp where you actually get sweaty inside your coat! You have some good bird close ups there. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love winter now too, especially a brisk winter walk. I always feel that I have more energy in winter. That need to keep moving I think! Beautiful photos, those mandarin ducks are exquisite aren't they. Love the duck standing on the ice as well, and the duck on the water with the reflections and sunlight. The light is so beautiful in winter as you say. Wishing you a good weekend Jacquie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like winter more now than I use to. We woke to a couple inches of snow this morning (not than common here in the South). So of course a snowy walk is in order. Love all the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful photos. I love the little robin and all the ducks. This ist a very inviting landscape.

    Nice weekend
    Nele ☼

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful walk Jacquie! I have not been able to get out as much this winter due to dangerous temperatures and slippery icy conditions. I'm disappointed, but happy to be able to enjoy the pics from your adventures. Going to try "yak tracks" today to see how secure I feel with those. Fantastic pictures! Melanie (@momlady60)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful collection of photos! I'm one of those people who likes winter (I like all the seasons) and think it has a lot of good points but it is harder to remember that on gloomy, damp, cold days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful light, I do enjoy days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!! What a happy site to see all those ducks and my heavens the lamb looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the frost, it's gone warm and foggy round these parts now.
    Cracking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really enjoy reading of your walks and the lovely photos, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings from sunny South Africa. I just can't wait for your posts as I just love the English scenery. Though I have never been there, all our ancestry is from the UK. Thank you for allowing us to escape to the country with you through your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think walking on a crisp, cold, sunny winter's day is one of the great pleasures in life. Your photos capture that gorgeous low, bright light so well, and you always find the best in your local landscape. We're finding the dog makes as get out every day but not as far as 8 miles! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my giddy aunt.It's like looking at a Beautiful Calendar.LOVING these Awsome photographs.Aren't the ducks and Swans just soooo Beautiful,makes you want to get out the Paint Pot.I got soaked today Dog Walking but who cares withmy lovely Cornish Scenery lol.Happy Winter walking.Huggles xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank.you.for.beautiful.pictures.and.fantastic.birds,greetings.from.Poland

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely day for a walk, great set of photos too. Look forward to seeing were you go in 2017...
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.